Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chicken Soft Tacos

First, let me just say I LOVE the rotisserie chickens from Costco. They make my life oh, so much easier. They are $5, fully cooked and delish! We have a system with rotisserie chickens from Costco. The minute we get home with it, I start "de-boning" the chicken as Jon calls it. Which just means, I take the meat off the bone. During this process, Jon usually stands there and watches me while eating big chunks of meat off the bird, "helping". Then, I take the juices from the bottom of the container it comes in and make a gravy. We usually have a few pieces of chicken for dinner that night with the gravy then I save the rest for weekday meals. I elected to use this week's leftovers to throw together some easy chicken soft tacos. Best. Decision. Ever. Jon pinched his fingers together like an Italian and declared "simple and friggin amazing!" after eating one.





2 1/2-3 cups shredded chicken
Tortilla Shells (quantity depends on size of brand)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp paprika
1/2 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tbsp tomato paste

Heat oil on medium-high heat in skillet. Add shredded chicken and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in chicken broth, lemon juice and lime juice. Stir to combine. Add garlic powder, paprika, chilli powder, cumin and tomato paste. Stir until combined. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes until liquid has thickened. Serve with desired toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream) on tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...