Friday, July 29, 2011

Mac Salad

If you all have ever visited or lived in Hawaii, you know that with most lunch plates here, you are served a delicious scoop of "Mac Salad". It's been a challenge of mine to try and get the taste on this Mac Salad recipe right for the past year or so. One of my best friends sent me a "recipe" for a local style Mac Salad. The reason I quote the word recipe is because she pretty much just texted me a list of ingredients. So, I went all mad scientist in the kitchen, adding ingredients 1/4 cup at a time until I got what I wanted. Now, some people prefer pickle relish in their mac salad, I am not one of those people. If you are one of those people, go for it!

1 lb macaroni, cooked as directed on box and cooled
1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup maui onion dressing
5 eggs, hard boiled and diced
1 carrot, grated
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp white pepper
Salt to taste

In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and set in refrigerator overnight. Simple as that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...