Monday, August 29, 2011

Banana Bread Pudding

I have tried so many variations of bread pudding and I am always disappointed. I had just about given up on myself ever enjoying this popular dish or producing a recipe I'd be happy sharing with you guys. Today, I was totally bored and decided I would give it one last shot. Oh boy, I'm so happy I did! I had a half loaf of day-old French bread and over-ripe bananas and thought Banana Bread Pudding might be the best way to not waste food. I also had a half bag of white chocolate chips that have been staring at me everytime I open my fridge. I love it when I can use leftover items and make something so darn delicious. I served this with some homemade whipped cream that I spiked with some Amaretto. Phenomenal!

3-4 cups day-old French bread (about half a loaf), cut into cubes
1 cup white chocolate chips
2 bananas, ripe, mashed
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray baking dish with cooking spray. Place cubed bread in baking dish. Sprinkle with white chocolate chips. In mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients until well combined. Pour over bread and white chocolate chips. Bake for 50-55 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...