Thursday, March 13, 2014

Zucchini Cakes

I have been an absolute warrior with eating clean this past week. However, my meals have been very basic due to limited time for meal prep. This morning I had a little extra time to look through Pinterest for ideas. I came across these little beauties. So excited to share!

Make sure you squeeze out the extra moisture from the zucchini with paper towels or a cheese cloth. Incredibly important! You don't want soggy cakes.



1 medium sized whole zucchini
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 egg
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp salt free Italian seasoning
1 tsp black pepper

Grate zucchini. Place in paper towels or cheese cloth and squeeze out moisture. Place in mixing bowl. Add in remaining ingredients. Mix together until well combined. Form mixture into several similar sized patties. *I got 6 all together*. Add 1 tbsp Olive or coconut oil to skillet. Cook about 2-3 minutes per side on medium high heat until browned.

I served mine with some chicken breast and organic marinara sauce. According to my app, about 350 total calories for the chicken, sauce and 2 zucchini cakes. The 2 zucchini cakes alone are only ~137 calories!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...