Friday, July 13, 2012

Ahi Burgers with Sweet Chilli Mayo

SO I watched a Rachael Ray episode foreverrrr ago where she made some delicious looking ahi burgers. She used the food processor to grind it up like burger meat, mixed in some awesomeness and had a delicious, not your everyday burger on her hands. I have had this bottle of Sweet Chilli sauce in my fridge since making some of my Crockpot Sweet and Sour Meatballs, and I thought this would be a great way to use it up.

1.5 lbs ahi, diced into chunks
1 egg
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
The juice and zest of 1/2 a lime
1 tsp ground ginger
2 cloves finely minced garlic
1/4c sweet chilli sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp sugar

Sweet Chilli Mayo:
1/2c mayonnaise
1/4c sweet chilli sauce

In a food processor, pulse the ahi until finely ground. Use hands to mix in remaining ingredients until fully incorporated. Divide mixture evenly into preferred sized patties. (I made about 6) Be sure to press in the center a little as it will puff up while cooking. Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Cook to desired tenderness (i.e. medium, medium rare) In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce. Place patty on bun with some sweet chilli mayo and enjoy!

May I just mention that I am totally exhausted tonight so if those instructions didn't make sense, please email me- cookingwithcait@gmail.com. I will probably re-read in the AM to see if I need to reword my nonsense.

Aloha!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...