Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Problem: Way too ripe bananas. Solution: Making muffins at midnight.

I've made Devan Alexander's Mini Banana Coconut Muffins many times but didn't have any yogurt in the fridge. Enter sweetened condensed milk. Best substitute I have ever made. Granted the whole point of Devan Alexander's recipe was to cut back on the calories. I. Don't. Care. These are amazing muffins.

I made them full size for this one but maybe next time I'll try some minis so I can try to control myself from eating too much. This recipe made 18 muffins.

Also, you may notice I used pumpkin pie spice in this one. Hi, it's cinnamon and nutmeg mixed with other awesome spices. I refuse to only use this useful spice mix in only November. Just saying.

2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup very ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray muffin pan. Sift together in a large bowl the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Beat together mashed bananas and brown sugar until well combined. Mix in sweetened condensed milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in dry ingredients until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips gently. Fill muffin slots about 3/4 of the way. Bake for 30-35 minutes in preheated oven until knife inserted comes out clean (besides the delicious chocolate of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...