Thursday, February 21, 2013

Garlic Shrimp

Recently I moved to the west side of the island of Oahu. Until now, I had been living on the North Shore. One of the best parts of living on the North Shore was driving 5 minutes down the road to get famous garlic butter shrimp. I can't drive 5 minutes to Fumi's anymore, and I also can't afford the calories in it anyways.

So, I got crafty at home. I used 5 ingredients to get this delicious dinner made. I go crazy heavy on garlic because I'm obsessed. So feel free to scale it back if you don't want to stink up an entire zip code with your breath.

The first time I made it, I used olive oil. The second time I used coconut oil. They were both delicious but coconut oil is supposed to be reeeeally good for you, so if you have it, use it. If you don't have it, I totally recommend it! I even found some at home spa treatments that use coconut oil on Pinterest too, haha.

Here is the star ingredient that saved me a million calories. Love you! :*
1-2 tbsp coconut (or olive) oil to coat sautee pan
5-6 cloves garlic, finely diced
10-12 pieces shrimp, deveined and tail off (I honestly just bought the frozen kind pre-cooked, pre-prepped at Costco and it was still delicious!)
Sprinkle popcorn seasoning butter flavor to taste
Sprinkle sea salt to taste



In a pan, on medium high, sautee garlic in oil for about 2 minutes. Add in shrimp. Cook shrimp until pink for about 3-4 minutes if raw. If pre-cooked, just cook until heated through. Add in butter seasoning and sea salt. And you are done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...