Friday, March 8, 2013

Low Sugar BBQ Sauce

So I had like 3 or 4 posts pending for here and I am totally skipping their deliciousness to bring you my newest concoction, low sugar BBQ sauce. It was such a big hit I used it for two dinners in a row. I will post the sauce recipe here and then those will follow shortly after.



1 29 oz can tomato sauce
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp yellow mustard
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar

In a medium stockpot on medium-high, whisk all ingredients together. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and stir repeatedly. Reduce to low and allow to simmer about 20 minutes until sauce is thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...