Monday, March 25, 2013

Pepper Jack Turkey Burgers

My husband has been working really long hours at work so I decided I would spoil him with his favorite type of food, a burger. Jon is a red meat type of guy. However, over the years, he has truly come to love my Feta Turkey Burgers. So, I wanted to make a twist on them. I have been trying to cut down my cheese intake. However, I allowed myself to indulge a little with these.

It is also worth mentioning that on this day I decided to spoil him, he decided to bring home some flowers and a card to thank me for taking care of the house and meals since he hasn't been home to help me. Being appreciated is the best feeling in the world!

1.25 lb ground turkey breast
1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 tsp creole seasoning
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 egg white
2 tbsp whole wheat bread crumbs
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 lb pepper jack cheese, cut into small cubes

In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients with hands until well incorporated. Spray griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Cook burgers until lightly browned and cooked through, about 6-7 minutes each side on medium heat. Serve on toasted whole wheat bun. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...