Sunday, August 15, 2010

Almond White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hey Everyone!

Two posts today because I didn't post on Friday or Saturday <yikes!> I've had a rough couple days and nothing makes my day better than baking up some goodies. Today I decided to experiment with a cookie recipe. Jon gave his stamp of approval so I decided I would share with you guys.

One thing with all of my baking recipes is I always add almond extract. To me, it just seems to bring out the sweetness in the food, but never makes it too sweet. I really recommend for you guys to try making it with almond extract at least once, and if you don't like the flavor, you can just skip it all together. I also loooove using white chocolate because it just gives a unique twist on our old favorite, chocolate chip cookies.

I made my cookies without any nuts, but you can definitely add a cup or two of nuts if you prefer. Anyways, here is my twist on the always amazing chocolate chip cookie!

Almond White Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1. tsp salt
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
2 large eggs
2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add in both sugars to combine. Beat in vanilla and almond extracts. Beat in eggs one at a time. Scrape down sides of bowl if necessary. Add flour mixture in 3 parts. Mix in white chocolate chips and nuts (if used) by hand. Place rounded tablespoon cookies on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until light golden brown. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Thanks everyone for reading and following me. Send in your pictures, comments or questions to cookingwithcait@gmail.com

xoxo Cait :-*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...