Sunday, August 15, 2010

Chicken Parm

Hey Everyone!

So I don't have an ounce of Italian in me but my stomach doesn't seem to accept that. I absolutely love Italian food. I am not a huge marinara fan, usually I go for alfredo. However, chicken parm is something I never can say no to. Chicken parm is one of Jon's favorite meals so this was one of the dishes that I really wanted to master a few years ago. I love to use this recipe for his birthday, or our anniversary. I sent it to one of my friends and she made it for her father's birthday and said she had a great response. I hope you all have the same results.

As always, be sure to send in your questions, comments and pictures!

Cait's Chicken Parm

4 chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley or 2 tbsp dry parsley
2 cups and 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Olive Oil
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Prepared Pasta
2 cups alfredo or marinara sauce (whichever your preference)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare Rectangular baking dish with 1 cup of sauce spread along bottom. Prepare pasta as directed on box. While pasta is cooking, set up 3 plates or bowls on counter. First has flour, salt and pepper- use fork to blend ingredients. Next has beaten eggs. Last has bread crumbs, parsley and 2 cups of parmesan- reserve remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan. On cutting board using parchment paper and meat mallet, beat chicken breats to 1/4 inch width. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dip each breast in flour mixture, then eggs, then bread crumb mixture. Cook the chicken in the hot oil on both sides until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Pour prepared pasta over sauce in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over pasta. Top with prepared chicken. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan and mozzarella cheese over top baking dish. Bake in oven for 25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.


If you guys don't have a meat mallet, use your rolling pin or frying pan. Its a great way to take out your aggression, lol.

Hope you guys like it! Send me those pics- cookingwithcait@gmail.com
xoxo Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...