Sunday, August 22, 2010

Baked Brie with Apple Sauce

Aloha Everyone!

Sorry it's been a while, it's been a crazy week for me! Anyways, yesterday was my dad's birthday so I figured I'd celebrate him and share my favorite dish he makes, Baked Brie with Apple Sauce! I'm also going to share some pictures from the beautiful checkerboard cake I made him. Maybe someday soon I'll share that recipe too, I want to experiment a little more with the recipe first though :)

Baked Brie with Apple Sauce

1 wheel of brie cheese
2 sheets puff pastry
3 tbsp butter, with extra to grease pan
2 apples
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8x8 baking dish with butter. Tightly wrap cheese wheel with puff pastry on top and bottom, pinching sides tightly together. Place in baking dish. Chop butter into pieces and place on top of brie. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.

Peel and core apples and chop into small chunks. Allow to simmer with water, sugar and cinnamon until soft. Pour over brie before serving.

Here are some of the pictures of my dad's epic birthday cake! Hope you like the recipe, email me some feedback cookingwithcait@gmail.com :)

A special message to my dad: Dad, you are amazing. You have been such an inspiration to me my whole life. You are such a hard worker, and an amazing cook. I love you so much and thank you for everything you have done to get me to where I am today. You are the best dad I could ever ask for. Stop being so hard on yourself for your cooking, I hope to be half the cook you are someday! I love you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...