Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Grilled Ahi Steak with Soy Butter Glaze

This has to be one of the classiest recipes I've put up. As you all probably now by now, I'm a pretty simple cook. I just do all the foods I grew up with and some recipes I've learned from the Food Network, specifically Rachael Ray and Paula Deen.

I used to be an anti-fish type person. Since it was deemed healthy, I deemed it untasty. When I moved to Hawaii, I got introduced to Grilled Ahi at Lei Lei's. They do it all fancy with a wasabi cream sauce and a ginger soy butter. It is delicious. Now, I've clearly started to broaden my horizon to enjoying healthy foods so I have the grilled ahi to thank for that.

I started to learn that it is actually really quick and easy to make at home. I figured today would be a good day to share this recipe. I usually just have it by itself as a quick lunch, but it'd be great served with rice for dinner too.

Grilled Ahi Steak
2 8 oz ahi steaks
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup teriyaki
1/4 tsp ground ginger
2 cloves finely minced or hand grated garlic

Soy Butter Glaze
1/2 stick butter (I always use salted)
1 clove finely minced or hand grated garlic
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar

Combine soy sauce, teriyaki, ginger and garlic in a medium mixing bowl. Place steaks in marinade and marinade for 30 minutes. *Fish is very delicate to the soy sauce, so don't over-marinate* Cook on griddle or grill for about 4-5 minutes per side until fish is cooked as desired. We like it medium rare in our house. While fish is cooking, melt butter on stovetop. Add in garlic and ginger and cook on low heat. Remove from heat and add in honey, soy sauce and brown sugar. Serve with rice or vegetables and pour glaze over top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...