Friday, April 1, 2011

Lazy Eggs Benedict

I have never poached an egg. It is something I am extremely intimidated by. Also, I am not the hugest fan of hollandaise sauce. Therefore, I've never had a good relationship with Eggs Benedict. My mom started making these amazing breakfast thingamabobbers which I will now title as Lazy Eggs Benedict. Its along the same concept, without the intimidation factor. The cheese sauce will make more sauce than you need. Use it on your pasta for dinner, or to make my yummy Philly Cheesesteaks. Or just make like 16 of these bad larrys and share them, or just eat them all yourself. Judge free zone.


4 eggs
4 slices of bread
4 tbsp butter

Using a cup or biscuit cutter, make a hole in bread. Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a skillet on medium-high heat. Lay slice of bread in skillet. Crack the egg directly into hole. Cook both sides to desired style (over-easy, over-medium,etc...). Repeat with all pieces of bread and eggs. Serve on plate with cheese sauce poured over top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...