Monday, April 18, 2011

S'Mores Pie

I finally got a new plate to display food on for here. Oh, I'm fancy!
I have been doing SO good recently with eating right and going to the gym. I have been eating salads 6 days a week, working out 2-3 hours 4-5 days a week and cut out a lot of the processed foods I used to eat daily. You don't need to pat me on the back for it, I clearly am doing that myself. Ha!

Thennnnnn, I had my friends come over about a week ago. The variety of delicious foods we had was ridiculous. We had kalbi, steak, chicken, my famous dip, hot dogs and S'MORES. For some reason, we managed to not eat all of the supplies we had bought to make s'mores.

So the other day, as I'm eating my carrots like a champ, I look around my kitchen and see the workings of a s'mores pie. I decided that nutella, aka my BFF, would be my stand in for the chocolate. Mainly because I'm looking to get rid of the jar of Nutella so I don't wake up at 2 am one of these days getting chocolate wasted and needing an intervention. It doesn't hurt that Nutella is delicious and also easier than having to melt down chocolate.

Crust:
1 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers (1 honey maid packet)
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter

Filling:
10 oz bag marshmallows
4 tbsp water
1 cup nutella
2 cups whipped cream

Mix together crushed graham crackers, sugar and melted butter. Press into pie dish.

Melt marshmallows and water in microwave on high for 30-45 seconds. Stir together until smooth. Mix in nutella until smooth. Fold in whipped cream a little at a time until fully incorporated. Pour over pie crust.

Refrigerate for 3-4 hours until set. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...