Sunday, May 8, 2011

Crockpot Chicken Chili

So, I've been trying to get better at actually using my crockpot. I still kind of miss the whole point of using it as a "one pot dish" maker, but I'm slowly coming around.

Jon and I went to Ruby Tuesday's a few weeks ago for lunch and he got their White Bean Chicken Chili. Jon enjoyed it, and I thought it was alright in terms of taste. My main issue with it was the color. Just because its white bean and chicken doesn't mean we can't make it colorful! So, I went home after picking up four different colored bell peppers and threw this together. Definitely more appealing to the eyes and it was quite tasty too!



2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
4 bell peppers, assorted colors, diced
1 serrano pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
15 oz can corn
15 oz can garbanzo beans
15 oz can diced tomatoes
32 ounces chicken stock
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup parsley, diced
2-3 cups shredded chicken (fully cooked)
1/2 cup greek yogurt
Salt and pepper to taste
Shredded cheese for topping, optional

Heat olive oil in skillet. Cook onion, bell peppers, serrano pepper and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken stock to crockpot. Add all ingredients to crockpot, including onion, peppers and garlic, and stir until combined. Cook on low heat for 4-5 hours or high heat for 2-3, stirring occasionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...