Sunday, September 11, 2011

Seven Things

I was reading a few blogs on my gReader and I saw this "challenge" on quite a few of them. It looked like fun so here goes!

1. The Most Beautiful Post:



Food photography is definitely not my strong suit. I am amazed by the photography I see on some of the blogs out there. I take pictures of my recipes with my cell phone camera, and every once in a while pull out my 10mp Canon point-and-shoot if I'm feeling fancy. I imagine I will eventually invest in a DSLR because I know people eat with their eyes. For now, I'm focusing on just creating the recipes. I do however take lots of pictures of my beautiful dogs and the gorgeous Hawaii sunsets with that point-and-shoot so that is the post I'm sharing.

2. The Most Popular Post:

Spinach and Artichoke Dip This is literally my #1 most requested recipe. It was one of the first dishes I had created on my own that I felt comfortable feeding to people other than Jon. I don't know why I don't have a picture of this because I make it for every party I host or attend. I swear next time I make it, I will make sure to get a pic.

3. The Most Controversial Post:



Turkey Feta Burgers So, I really don't have anything controversial on this blog. However, these burgers were controversial in my house because Jon is a beef burger guy. He honestly didn't think he would ever enjoy these burgers since they were made with ground turkey breast. Turns out, we enjoy these burgers waaaay more than the standard beef burger. Also, every other person I have fed these burgers to, says the same thing. You have to make them!

4. The Most Helpful Post:



Whole Wheat Spaghetti I took lots of time to try and type this recipe out to be as helpful as possible. I had such a great time making homemade pasta, I really wanted to share it with everyone.

5. The Post That Was Surprisingly Successful:



Oreo Cheesecake I couldn't decide if I wanted to put this in the surprisingly successful or the most proud category. I went with this because I decided I knew I would be able to pull off the turkey, but didn't think I'd ever be able to pull off this cheesecake. Seeing this picture makes me want to make another one RIGHT NOW.

6. The Post That Didn't Get the Attention it Deserved:






Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms O.M.G. I have a lot of recipes that are requested frequently. I don't understand why these don't get requested more. They are unreal.


7. The Post I Am Most Proud of:



Thanksgiving Turkey Pulling off my own Turkey for Thanksgiving was a big deal for me. I used to mess up hamburger helper, so the fact that I was able to roast a turkey and not burn down my kitchen or need to throw it away after it was done is nothing short of a miracle. Thank Heavens for the Food Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...