Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mele Kalikimaka me ka Hauʻoli Makahiki Hou!

2010 has been an amaaaazing year for me, I'm not going to lie. I'm usually the type of person to always see the bright side of situations, but this year has brought nothing but good fortune for us anyways. We got to wake up all 365 days (minus the four days I was in California) on the beautiful island of Oahu, major bright side there for you. Jon and I finally got engaged on May 25th of this year. Shortly after that, Jon got promoted at work and I went back to Things Remembered as Assistant Manager. We have my parents and our doggies here. I have also made some amazing new friends. I strengthened friendships with some old friends, even with the distance we have between us.

Jon and I got majorly spoiled for Christmas. His family sent us a bunch of gift cards and goodies that we needed. My parents bought me a beautiful set of pearls so I can feel fancy and classy whenever I want. Jon got a beautiful new tee shirt, something that people who know him know is the way to his heart. His work gave out employee christmas gift cards, so he was able to buy his Turtle Beach headset. I'm so happy to not listen to his sales pitch anymore of why we NEEDED to spend cash on that, haha. My beautiful friend Nalani made me the most epic magnets I've ever seen. I am a magnet freak and I was amazed at her craftiness. My secret santa, KTom, got me a huge set of nail polishes. I have literally redone my nails everyday since getting it so I can try out all the colors, haha. Jon got me a beautiful Pandora charm to add to my epic collection. Speaking of epic, he also got me Epic Mickey for Wii, which I think was more a gift for him than me, but moving on... Haha. My co-workers also spoiled me. My newly promoted fellow assistant manager got me some delicious truffles and a gift card to my favorite place, Costco. My manager also got me some delicious truffles and A VICKY'S SLEEP SHIRT! Ah, I LOVE IT! I don't even know what else, we were just majorly blessed this year.

In 2011, I just wish for continued happiness and peace for us. I want my parents to have some of the blessings we had in 2010. They deserve it, they are the most amazing, kind, generous people you'd ever meet and they've had a hard few years. I feel in my heart and bones and guts and soul that 2011 is going to be their year. Everyone wish and pray that it comes true, okay?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all. I hope Santa brought you everything you wished for! If you were blessed and are able to give back please go to the websites at the bottom of the page... They are the two charities that are nearest and dearest to my heart. The true meaning of Christmas is all about giving. I hope you're able to give even just a dollar to make a difference. Thanks for reading <3

http://www.aspca.org/
http://wish.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...