Thursday, December 30, 2010

Aloha 2010, thanks for everything!

I know I say it all the time, but I'm excited for this post. I decided for this post I would share 12 favorite pictures/memories from my boring life and then 12 recipes that I've felt are the most worthy of your recipe boxes!

First, I just want to say thank you to the universe! Jon and I hit a rough patch emotionally, mentally, physically, financially, you name it-ly in 2008-2009. 2010 finally paid us back for our frustrating years. We had an amazing year and I'm just hoping and praying that 2011 will bring us the same blessings. I also keep hoping that my friends and family have an amazing 2011. 2010 also inspired me to start this blog and I get so excited when I get emails from people all over the United States. I am on twitter- @caithowland, so follow me and I can probably get to your questions even quicker! I love how much experimenting I've done this year with cooking. I've also taken a lot more pictures knowing I could post them up here to give you guys a little insight into my corner of the world in Hawaii. Thank you all for reading and I wish you a happy, healthy safe, and fun new year!

"Real World Hawaii" January 2010

This was actually taken in 2009 but I LOVE this pic of Savannah!

The tsunami scare in Hawaii, March 2010

Jon proposed at this beautiful spot!! May 25, 2010 <3

Best Buy Women's Leadership Conference- June 2010- Orange, CA

Lunch before our first Bridal Show- July 2010

Krissy's BFFL Liane came to visit, August 2010

Taken October 2010 during my "staycation"- Miss Lei Lei!

Disney themed Halloween- October 2010

Christmas Lights in Mililani, December 2010- Lei Lei & Savannah

"The Usuals" at my hale for Nalani's bday- December 2010

Our favorite spot- Dave and Busters! This pic represents ALL the good times there!
And my Top 12 Recipes for 2010....

Spinach & Artichoke Dip
This is my number 1 recipe to be shared, made, eaten, etc etc. Its amaaaazing, I promise!

Apple Crumbler
Oh boy, has to be one of the most delicious desserts on the planet!

Oreo Cheesecake
Or maybe THIS is the most delicious dessert on the planet!

Scalloped Potatoes
MY favorite meal of all time, straight from my mama's kitchen!

Chicken Parm
JON's favorite meal of all time

Bonnie's Barbecue Sauce
Must have barbecue sauce recipe

Mashed Potatoes
I just really love these

Olive Tapenade
SUPER simple dip or spread, or can be used like pesto for pasta!

Doggie Treats
Can't leave out our four legged friends!

Bonnie's Banana Bread
No one has ever been able to top mama's banana bread in my opinion!

Baked Brie with Apple Sauce
Family favorite!

Parmesan Garlic Bread
The most amazing bread to serve with your dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...