Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 19- A Talent of Mine

This is a really tough one. I had a lot of talents when I was younger. I was a dancer from the age of 4, tap, jazz, ballet, toe ballet, hip hop and lyrical were among the classes I took. I also took voice lessons for some time in between middle and high school and got told I have a nice voice. I took piano for a while and did some cheerleading.

Nowadays, I stick to cooking and baking. I love to come up with new recipes or challenge myself with an old school recipe that takes a lot of effort. Eventually, I'd love to turn this talent into a career. I really love being in retail (no, seriously, I do). However, I want to have a more flexible schedule so I have more time to spend with my family. Its not easy working 11-7 shifts and working almost every weekend when your fiance works M-F until 4pm.

Having said that, I still dance around my house and sing with the radio in the car. Every once in a while I sit and think that maybe if I worked a little harder at these talents, I could be rich and famous. Then I realize that I would never actually enjoy it. I love being home with my family. It would be nice to have lots of money but I do appreciate money more having to work so hard for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...