Thursday, November 25, 2010

Doggie Treats!

So in case you guys didn't know I have the world's most adorable dogs. You may be sitting there feeling like my opinion is biased, but they are seriously the most adorable. Anyways, I was planning up all the recipes for our delicious Thanksgiving and I realized the poor angels are used to being spoiled on a daily basis, and I wasn't factoring them in to my recipes. I decided it would be as good a time as any to build a recipe just for them. Since they each have their own favorite foods, I made two recipes. Lei Lei looooves Peanut Butter so I made her a Peanut Butter dog biscuit. Savannah looooves cheese. Let me just explain how much this dog loves cheese and how spoiled she is. We have to add grated parmesan cheese to their dog food every night just to get Savannah to eat the dog food. So, I made Savannah a cheesy dog biscuit.

I have a collection of really cute cookie cutters. I have a snowman, some flowers, and butterflies (my favorite). I also handmade a couple hearts for them (awwww). Anyways, they literally almost knocked Jon over to get a second cookie so I'd say the recipe was successful.

The ingredients are all edible. Judgement free zone here if you wanted to make them for yourself ;).

Lei Lei's PB Treat

1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Wheat Germ
1 egg
1/2 cup Peanut Butter (all natural-creamy)
1 tbsp honey
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup all purpose flour (for rolling out the cookies)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients with mixer. Tip dough out onto floured surface. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to make unique shapes. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

Savannah's Cheesy Carrot Cookie

1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Wheat Germ
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup corn meal
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 carrot, peeled and hand grated

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients with mixer. Tip dough out onto floured surface. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to make unique shapes. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...