Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." Melody Beattie
I'm really excited for this post because I love giving credit where credit is due. I feel its so important to tell those you love how much you love them day in and day out. Sometimes in this crazy life, its really easy to leave people out. I really hope I don't leave anyone out with this post. I have some amazing friends. Even if you are just my friend on twitter or facebook and we just like a status or throw an "lol" at each other, I thank you for being in my life. That being said, I want to take some time to thank those who have really paved the way to bring me where I am today.

First and foremost, I want to thank God. I'm not a particularly religious person. At least I wasn't before I moved to Hawaii. I spent 4 years at a Catholic high school that felt more like cult training. Now, being in Hawaii, I feel more spiritual and able to honor God in my own way. I am so blessed to be where I am today. I know all the struggles and shortcomings have had their purpose. I feel the strongest I have ever felt and I am sooo thankful.







To my amazing parents, Mama and Papa. You two are seriously the most amazing parents a kid could ever ask for. You are so inspiring. I see you guys making the best of every day and being true partners to one another. You make me strive to be half the people you both are, and I wish all parents acted like that. It is truly amazing how much strength you both have. Even when you're at rock bottom, you're constantly looking for ways to help others. I love you both so much.

Jonathan, you are seriously the best friend I could ever ask for. We have been through six years of ups and downs, and I'm thankful for every minute with you. You are so wonderful for putting up with my uber-sensitive and over-emotional self, haha. I know we have many years ahead of us, so get comfortable. Thank you for saving me from myself six years ago and helping me become the person I am today. I love you bubs!

Lei Lei & Savannah- well, you two can't read but I don't care. Jonny can read it to you. Thank you girls for being the cutest darn dogs ever. Thanks for the cuddles when I had a bad day and forcing me to walk you both miles and miles to tone my legs, haha. On a more serious note, I am so thankful you both found your way home after getting out of the house. Savannah, you were only gone a week but I was terrified every second. When you finally came home, I was so excited. Lei Lei, you left us for NINE months. I truly had begun to lose hope you'd ever come home to us. I'm so thankful that nice man found you and called us. Love you both <3

Krissy- my darling younger sister. We have probably the most insane relationship any sisters have. We want to kill each other one minute, and then are planning what movie to go see the next. I am thankful I had you growing up so we can pick on Mom and Dad's quirky cute ways together. I love you lots.

Shannon- my big sis! We have had some really rough times (to say the least). I'm glad we've been able to put the past behind us and stay in touch even with thousand of miles in between us. I love you very much!

My three nieces- Ava, Tiffany & Devan, you are the best and most beautiful nieces an Auntie could ask for. I love seeing pictures of you guys. I just wish I could be closer to watch you all grow up. Love you all <3

Grandma L- I love you so much! I know you won't be reading this, but I wanted to include you because you mean a lot to me. I wish you were out here in paradise with us for this holiday. Love you so much <3

Grandma & Grandpa H- I hope you both are watching down on me and I hope I'm making you proud. RIP <3

Grandpa L- I only knew you for a very short time but the memories of you that are shared with me make you live on. I'm so thankful you helped make my Mom who she is today because she is the most amazing mother ever. Love you, RIP. <3

My aunts/uncles/cousins- there are so many of you spread across the globe but I love every single one of you. You are all kind, funny and awesome to be around. I cherish all our memories.

Jon's family (my future in-laws)- you are all an amazing group of people. I'm so thankful to you for helping Jon be who he is today. He's an amazing guy and we both have you all to thank for that. Love you all <3

The Perry Family- I love all you guys. You have been like a second family to me. You've been there when I needed to laugh, dance, party or vent about my day. You are such an amazing support system for me, even with the thousand of miles between us.

My Best Buy family- I had an amazing 3 year run wearing a blue shirt. I met so many wonderful people at 1461, 1140 and 852. I also met lots of people from a bunch of stores between trainings, conferences and job fairs. I made friends that I know I'll have for the rest of my life. Thank you all for making me laugh and become a better leader throughout the years.

My Things Remembered family- I've worked with so many great people at the kajillion TR stores I've worked at. You guys are so awesome. Thank you for being there for me and putting up with my craziness :)

Danielle, Me, Case, Tricia & ChristianaMy Stang Bangas- especially you, Casey :) we all grew apart after highschool which is typical but thanks to facebook, twitter and blogger we've been able to reconnect. Its awesome being able to keep updated on all your lives. I love knowing I can still turn to you all for everything. <3

My teams- Patriots & Celtics, thanks for being so epic and making it easy on me to talk shit.

Just a few people I want to say a special thanks to... Rebecca, Solange, Steph, Kristin, Nalani and Reyne, thanks for letting me vent, making me laugh and keeping me sane. You girls are amazing and I love you forever. KTom and Nalani- an extra thanks for keeping me in the gym. I strive to be as sexy as the two of you someday ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...