Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bonnie's Barbecue Sauce

Hey Kids!

So right now I have what will hopefully be my next recipe I post, a Southwest style meatloaf, cooking in the oven. Anytime I make a meatloaf, I always serve it with this barbecue sauce. I named the sauce after my beautiful mom Bonnie. When I was little and we would have July 4th cookouts or a barbecue chicken dinner, I was always in charge of making the sauce. It was always a different assortment of the same type of items, whatever we had in the fridge thrown together. I think my parents put me in charge of it so I wouldn't blow up the kitchen trying to help with other tasks, haha. I decided today I would make a sauce inspired by that one and actually write down the recipe. Its a little different from what I made growing up, but its just as tasty. I made it with a little hot sauce and red pepper flakes, so it has just a little kick at the back of the throat. I hope you guys like it, send me your comments or questions to cookingwithcait@gmail.com. Hopefully the meatloaf tastes good enough to post next!

Bonnie's Barbecue Sauce

1 cup ketchup
1 cup honey
2 tbsp yellow mustard
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp house seasoning
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tbsp Tabasco

Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl until smooth. Refrigerate until you need to use it.

Hope you guys like it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...