Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 4- Your Favorite Book

This was another easy one! I can't pinpoint what it is about this book that makes me love it so much. I read it over and over again and I'm not even sure how I found it. I have a feeling it was on one of those SAT prep reading lists and I fell in love with it. It made me really interested in living in Brooklyn too. I was planning on going to college in Brooklyn because of this book. Thank God I didn't. I always tried to pretend like I was meant to live in a big city, but I'm truly a country girl at heart.

"Let me be something every minute of every hour of my life. Let me be gay; let me be sad. Let me be cold; let me be warm. Let me be hungry...have too much to eat. Let me be ragged or well dressed. Let me be sincere-be deceitful. Let me be truthful; let me be a liar. Let me be honorable and let me sin. Only let me be something every blessed minute. And when I sleep, let me dream all the time so that not one little piece of living is ever lost."

Review on the book

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...