Friday, October 1, 2010

Chicken Alfredo Lasagna

Hey Everyone!

I had the day off so I decided to go Italian in my kitchen. I'm having some friends over in a few weeks for Mamma Mia night and I wanted to make some lasagnas. So I tested out some recipes, and this one was my favorite. I've always preferred alfredo sauce to marinara for some reason, so I wasn't very surprised when this one stood out to me. Most lasagna afredo recipes online didn't call for meat, but I felt like it needed some chicken. So, I added it. Be sure to check out the next couple of posts for some more Italian inspired recipes.

Send your pictures and comments to cookingwithcait@gmail.com :)

Chicken Alfredo Lasagna

4 cups alfredo sauce
16 ounce box of Lasagna noodles
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup spinach, coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon house seasoning
       - Paula Deen house seasoning ingredients: 1 cup salt 1/4 cup granulated garlic 1/4 cup black pepper
3 cloves garlic
1/2 onion, chopped
2 chicken breasts, diced into cubes

Cook lasagna as directed on box. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While noodles cook, combine cream cheese, ricotta, spinach, nutmeg, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of parmesan cheese in medium mixing bowl. Set in refrigerator. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet and sautee garlic and onions for about 2 minutes. Add chicken to skillet and cook through. Drain lasagna when done and set aside to cool while chicken finishes.

In a 13x9x2 pan, spread some of the alfredo sauce to cover the bottom of the pan. Lay four of the lasagna noodles over sauce. Next add half of the cheese mixture. Next the chicken and then half of the remaining alfredo. Repeat layering process. Cover with four more lasagna noodles, then sprinkle remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese over noodles. Cover with foil and cook for 30-35 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for another 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and light brown.



I used one of those McCormack packets for the Alfredo sauce. So simple, you just add milk and butter as instructed. I usually add some grated parmesan cheese to it as well. Otherwise, you can use a jarred alfredo sauce or your favorite recipe from scratch.

Send me that feedback! Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...